December 12, 2006

finished a couple scarves

for my dad for christmas:
farrow_dad

Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Ultra
Color: Lake
Pattern: Farrow Rib
Multiple of 3 sts +1.
Row 1: *k2, p1* repeat across ending k1
Row 2: p1 *k2, p1* repeat across
Needles: Addi Turbo #9
Yarn Quantity: 4 balls

And a scarf with no recipiant yet:
panache_cable_final

Yarn: Knitpicks Panache
Color: 23752 Cinnamon
Pattern: cable from Vogue Stictionary Volume 2
Needles: addi turbo size #9
Yarn Quantity: 4 balls (272 yards)

both of these yarns were awesome to knit with. So soft and decadent. I realized that I've never made my dad a scarf. Didn't think he was much of a scarf guy until I saw him wearing a scratchy wool scarf my mom crocheted for him like 20 years ago... figured it was time to add to the collection.

And I'm working on a crocheted angora scarf for my mom using Valeria di Roma 100% angora... she's been wanting a fuzzy black scarf for awhile (I make my mom lots of scarves)...

kind blury and in progress:
triple_crochet_angora_ip

No comments: