September 14, 2004

Vogue Knitting Mag

I started yet another project last night. It's based on a cardi/jacket from VK Fall 04. But I'm changing the shaping from set in sleeves to reglan and the yarn is totally different as well. I'm using some bora softspun I picked up when webs was having a really good sale. So I'm doubling it to get 3 stitches to the inch and mixing a pinky and charcoal color to get a tweed effect. But the edging will be charcoal (saw a similar look in a rowan pattern called Jane).

I really love starting projects.... I like working on them... and I love completing them. That middle part can be hard to muddle through. At least this one will be a quick knit. Which is not going to be the case with the other pattern I just have to make from VK. The cabled cardigan (#17). I did a swatch in rowan kid classic in a great shade of green and love the way it looks. But it's the most complicated pattern I've even thought about trying. I'll really need to pay attention while knitting that one. But I have promised myself that I'll finish my under the hoodie from stith n bitch before I start the cable cardi. I need the needle that is in the hoodie. I only have the one 24 inch 7's so that's good as I have to finish one before starting the other :-)


No comments: