September 13, 2004

Beaverslide Wool Cable Poncho


cable_blue
Originally uploaded by virtual_amber.
I love love love this yarn! This is going to be a poncho for my Aunt for Christmas.
You might notice a blue bar across the top of the image. That is the picked up and knitted add on I did once I realized that 18 inches in stockinette stitch (54 stitches cast on) is 14 inches with ribs and cables.... oops. So I added 4 inches after the fact. I think it'll work out. The second side is about a third of the way done and I'm making it with the same blue bar. So now there will be a blue stripe at the top around the neck.

I think this will be the next project that I actully complete. The cable pattern is easy to remember so I don't need to keep track on a chart like I do on the other poncho I'm making.

Ok off to bed with me. My boyfriend went to sleep over an hour ago (he has to be up at 6am... yuck)

Good night

No comments: