June 08, 2007

Spinning up a storm

This is the first yarn I made (it's super thick thin but still totally usable... I'll figure out something to make out of it:
first_spinning

Here's the fiber I "tried to spin" while getting a grip on the bobbin and whorl tensions:
practice_roving

And here's just some of my spinning.... I've been just a touch obsessed:

early_spinning_merino
handpainted yarn .com merino roving in "buterflies"

early_spinning_merino_sourgrapes
spunky eclectic superwash merino in "sour grapes" (bad color on the photo)

early_spinning
early_spinning2
Corriedale Wool from an etsy seller who is no longer selling.

early_spinning_finer
Same Corriedale wool as above but spun thinner to use for 2 ply yarn.

first_2ply
and that's my first successfull 2 ply (no photos of the bad merino 2 ply I made the day before... it's just ugly)