Deciding on a husband wasn't that hard... My guy is awesome. The ring on the other hand has been ridiculous.
1. He proposes and gives me a green sapphire (what I wanted) on a plain white gold band so I can pick the final setting.
2. I pick a setting and get the stone put in:
but it sticks up too high and gets caught on my clothes, in my hair, etc... So I find another setting and leave the stone.
3. I get a call from the jeweler. They chipped the sapphire.
4. We go back in today and pick a new stone (smaller this time since I thought the first one was a bit big... but kept it because he picked it out) and yet another setting.
5. Next weekend I should be able to pick up the final ring.