February 27, 2005

I'm it

I have been tagged by Marisa from One By One with the Knitting Meme:

Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?
I use the Continental method. It's the way I learned and I have no idea how to knit the English way.

Who taught you how?
A coworker taught me. She started a knitting group at work and got me going. I was so excited to find a "cheap" hobby. Photography is my other hobby of choice. Little did I know that knitting is not cheap :-)

What was your first FO?
A garter stitch scarf. Of course I had to make it harder than necessary. It was knit with green and charcoal grey wool (dk weight) on size 6 needles. And I wanted it really wide. So it was about 70 stitches wide. It took me forever to finish it.

Favorite Pattern Source?
I love books, magazines, and the internet. Ann Budd's Handy book of sweater patterns coupled with a good stitch book are great for so many sweaters. Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits are my favorite knitting magazines. And Knitty is an awesome online source for patterns.

Favorite Needles?
I love Addi Turbos for circulars and Lantern Moon or Crystal palace for straight.

Nicest thing you've ever knit?
Probably my "under the Hoodie" sweater. It's knit in Rowan Kid Classic and is just heaven to wear. Although I'm proud of a lot of the scarves and purses I've made as gifts.

Most hated project?
I have a fine gauge ribbed scarf that has been on needles for about a year and a half. It's turning out to be a great scarf... It's just painfully boring to knit. 60 stitches wide 2x2 rib on size 7 needles. I should really just finish it.

Who are you going to pass this on to?
Roxanne and Cyndi

No comments: