January 17, 2005

Hi Again

I'm nearing completion of a cabled scarf made from Jo Sharp Silkroad Ultra in cream. I bought some from elann.com when they had it. This yarn is really nice to work with... it's too bad that it's now discontinued. The cable is from 250 Creative Knitting Stitches. It's on the bottom left of page 84. Once you do a few repeats it gets easier to follow the chart. I should finish the scarf in the next couple days.

Sorry I am so lacking on photo's at the moment. I'm not home much right now and we are getting a new computer... so I haven't spent time getting the card reader (compact flash) to work on my current computer. Hopefully I'll have photos soon. I'd like to post an image of my completed wavy scarf... it turned out really well.

My hoodie is going pretty well except for a 6 inch setback. I'm using the Knitter's book of handy sweater patterns for this sweater but also using the hood style from the "under the hoodie" in my stitch n bitch book. I ended up picking up too many stitches on one side and not enough on the other... so I had to rip about 6 inches of the front. But I'm back on track now. So after the front is done I will have the sleeves and hood left :-) I'm hoping to get it done in the next week or two.

Hopefully next week I'll have some completed projects photographed and posted.

No comments: