February 26, 2007

stitches west

I went on Saturday with a friend. This is the 3rd year we've gone and there are about 5 booths that I always love.

Tess
Lisa Souza
Webs
Carolina Homespun
Habu Textiles

and some others that I enjoyed as well. Considering all the temptation there I didn't but that much yarn...

Lisa Souza:
2 hanks of Petal. One in periwinkle and one in celadon.
2 hanks of Superfine Superwash Sport Merino. one in black/purple and one in denim.

Tess:
1 hank of Superwash Merino in a dark variegated green
1 hank of Silk/Merino in the same dark green color as above
1 hank of Cultivated Silk & Wool in a pale ballet pink (slight variation in the color)
1 hank of their sock yarn in a sage green color

Habu Textiles:
some strange cotton yarns to strand beads on and try to knit some jewelery with.

Webs:
bought a bunch of their stockbridge yarn to felt and knit some toys.

also got a few balls of merino at a booth that I don't remember the name of.

Carolina Homespun had a bunch of spinning wheels out and I really wanted to try one... but I have no idea how to use one and they seemed a bit busy. I want to buy a wheel... just have no idea what kind. There is a spinning studio around the corner from my house. One of these weekends I'll have to spend some time there and see what wheel I want/like to use.

Actually speaking of spinning. I met some nice spinning/weaving ladies at stitches who get together once a month right near my house. I might have to check it out.

http://spindlesandflyers.org/

No comments: