February 05, 2007

Finished my 3rd pair of flip top mittens

flip_goddess_done

Yarn: Goddess Yarns Emanuella
Color: cabernet & aubergine
Pattern: Handknit Holiday Flip-top Mittens
Needles: Knitpicks Options #7
Yarn Quantity: 1.5 balls of cabernet and .25 of aubergine

Finally got them washed this weekend. They are a very late Christmas gift for a friend. I'll be seeing her tonight. She's one of those friends who always appreciates the knitted gifts and actually wears them too. So she's gotten a pile of knit stuff from me :)

Also knit up a small purse that still needs to be felted:
felted_bag_prefelt

Ether tonight or tomorrow I'll give it a spin through the washer. It's been awhile since I've done any felting. But a couple years back I was in the throws of a serious felting addiction :) made so many bags and whatnot. It's fun :) The items knit up so quickly on the larger needles and I especially love how hand painted yarns look felted. The above was knitt from handpaintedyarn.com handspun bulky wool. So the bag cost about $6.50 to knit. Can't beat that.

No comments: