November 29, 2006

crochet

So exciting. A friend at work today taught me to crochet. Can't wait to get home and practice. Seems like the basic stitch is pretty easy. I picked up the Stitch n Bitch crochet book a while back and have been meaning to try... but having someone walk me through the basics was so much easier :)

I have actually been knitting quite a bit lately. Started and finished a scarf for my dad for christmas. It's made of Jo Sharp Silkroad Ultra in a dark/warm blue called Lake. I just did a farrow rib pattern. And once upon a time I started a ballet wrap cardigan from IK and was really enjoying knitting it... got the back and both the fronts done... then I couldn't find the back. It totally disappeared for about 6 months. Last week my husband found it behind a speaker while we were re-arranging the furniture in the living room. Oops. So I dusted it off and started the sleeves for the sweater. It's almost all sewed together now so I'll get some photos posted soon. This is the first sweater I've finished since February. I've started like 5 sweaters... just haven't completed any. Here is the photo of the sweater from IK:
balletcardi
I used bulky merino from handpaintedyarns.com in velvet grapes. Such yummy yarn.

No comments: