November 27, 2005

Doggie and actual knitting!

So the cats are still keeping watch over the new dog:


Especially Jack who doesn't quite trust her yet:


But she is being great and ignoring the taunting of my little kitty beasts. She should get along just fine at our place.

And some actual knitting content on my blog...

Finished a scarf which is a christmas present for my friend Sharon. I made up the pattern and it's knit in Rowan Plaid which is just awesome stuff. Someday I really want a big cozy sweater made from this yarn.


And the sweater that I started for my dad for Christmas (last year) is coming along nicely. It's Jessie's sweater from stitch n bitch nation. I have nearly finished both sleeves and hope to get started on the body this week. I'm using Schoeller Stahl Merino Stretch. Which I like, but at the same time it's very odd to knit with stretchy yarn. The resulting fabric is somewhat sweatshirt like. My dad should really love it. My dad was an auto mechanic for 30 years... he has a special place in his heart for flames (especially on cars from the 50's) so this sweater just screamed DAD when I saw the pattern.


And that's all for now. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That flame looks fantastic! He'll love it.

The cats will come around in time.