January 18, 2008

post christmas selfish knitting

So I've been working on a few non gift items just-because-I-feel-like-making-them projects.

entrelac_silk_ip

it's just a basic entrelac pattern using Tilli Thomas Pure and Simple silk. So decadent to work with.

candy_stripes_ip

this is candy stripes form IK holiday issue. I'm using some long stashed rowan kid classic (it's for me).

and a little spinning and navajo plying:
industry_merino_navajo_plied
industry_merino_single
industry_merino_fiber

and most exciting.... I got a loom for my birthday. It came yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing but plan to spend some time with it this weekend :)

4 comments:

kgirlknits said...

wow - all of those things look so beautiful, I don't know which to comment on first!

Lovely spinning, such gorgeous colours, and the entrelac just downright impresses me ;) I was a bit taken by the imp nature of that shawl when I saw it in Knitscene, glad to see someone making it.

Octopus Knits said...

The entrelac is lovely in those colors (seems like a great way to use such a highly variegated yarn), the candy stripes kerchief looks like such fun, and your spinning is beautiful as always!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a loom! What kind????

Halo G said...

i am in awe of the entrelac.