March 16, 2007

fitted knits

so I had a gift certificate to spend at amazon. I was trying to decide between Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel or Lace Style by Pam Allen and Ann Budd. Other than a few photos online I hadn't gotten a great look at the projects in either. But a few months ago I picked up Victorian Lace Today so I figured another lace book might be a little overkill. Fitted Knits on the other hand was very appealing as I love stephanie's designs. Well this book is a huge WINNER. There are several sweaters that I am having a really hard time not starting.

But I'm trying to clear out some WIPS.... not something I'm good at... you know completing projects once the honeymoon is over. But I figure I should either finish these long abandoned projects or rip them out. There are a few that will just be ripped out.

Back to the new book. It's great! Nice unique items. Not all are to my taste, but many are. And they just look very wearable and fashionable. Wish I had more time to knit so I could make them all right now :)

fitted_knits

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I have fitted knits and LOVE this book! I am doing a KAL with this one and can not WAIT for it to start!