September 21, 2006

the countdown

A week from this Saturday I'm getting married. Me and my fiance have been together since Sept 1995 and engaged since last June. And we now have 9 days till our wedding. I'm looking forward to marrying him... but this whole wedding thing is just nuts. It's expensive and stressful, and my ankle is still sprained so I'm not having quite as much fun with it as I should be having. But on the upside, I'm marrying the man I love and heading to Italy for 3 weeks... so that is good! :)

Another thing on the upside... I am wearing 2 shoes today. I know, doesn't sound impressive. But this is the first time I have gotten a shoe on the foot with the sprained ankle this month (it's now the 21st day of this month). I look normal till I start limping. So awesome! I was on crutches for 3 weeks and wore this big "air cast" (velcro boot thing) for another week. And now I am wearing shoes!

Now to get rid of the limp in 9 days... wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on wearing two shoes! I totally get it. I'm glad you will be out of the boot before the wedding.