September 28, 2004

Chunky Irish Hiking Scarf

I finished a chunky version of this scarf last night (I'll post a photo tonight). It's going to be a gift for my cousin for christmas. Since the yarn is chunky (Jamieson's Shetland Chunky -used size 11 needles and got firm fabric) I had to alter the pattern so as to not end up with a 3 foot wide scarf :-) So mine has 2 cables rather than 3. The colors are Arctic and North Sea.

It turned out quite well and now I'm about ready to start one using dark blue and olive green manos for the knit along. I'm thinking the center cable will be in blue and the 2 outer cables will be green. I'm so excited to find a good use for this yarn that I have been stashing for about a year. And this one will be ALL mine ;-).

I'm just going to have to focus on the manos scarf and my cable and lace poncho since I'm currently in knit alongs for both. It's too bad I have to work full time... it's really eating into my knitting time.

No comments: